Paxful allows you to trade cryptocurrency for in-game items from popular video games such as skins, weapons, game balance, and more. Here’s everything you need to know about it:
Before you start buying cryptocurrency for in-game items, make sure you have the means to prove that the item was actually transferred to your trade partner. Whether you choose a game currency, boost, or skin, you must ensure you have the means to verify the transition of the item.
- Selling accounts is prohibited.
- Don’t disclose any information (e.g., your Paxful or game account login details) to the sellers.
- Don’t take the risk by transacting outside of Paxful's trade flow, as it isn’t protected by Paxful secure escrow.
Searching for an offer
The first step to buying cryptocurrency for game items is to look for an offer that accepts this type of payment. You can also specify the amount you wish to buy and the currency you prefer.
Choose the best rate of cryptocurrency to have the highest profit possible. Also, pay attention to the reputation of your potential trade partner. And finally, read through the offer terms and trade instructions carefully.
Talk to your trade partner in the trade chat. Clarify how exactly the in-game item will be delivered and decide whether your trade partner is okay with the product before proceeding.
Creating an offer
To buy crypto for game items, you can also create your own offer.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Set a margin you find profitable, as no negotiations are allowed during the trade.
- Write down clear offer terms and instructions.
- Use offer labels to highlight essential information such as the item type and the name of a game.
- Consider including a FAQ section—think about what questions trade partners may ask.
- If necessary, mention the following:
- the game server where the exchange should take place;
- will the delivery happen “face-to-face”, via game mail, or any other in-game exchange channel?
- required game character level, etc.
- Be clear about what proof of payment you can offer to your trade partner, for example, screenshots of an in-game transaction.
Once you’ve created and published your personalized offer, wait for a seller to start the trade with you. Once a trade has started, you will receive a notification. Feel free to discuss all the necessary details with your trade partner on the trade chat and proceed accordingly.
Completing a trade
Once you have provided all the documents requested by the seller, click Paid. The last step will be for the seller to confirm receiving the payment. Please be patient, because this may take some time. Once the seller has confirmed the payment, they should release the crypto to you, and the trade will be complete.
Tip: Do take a screenshot of your proof and keep it as it may be useful in case of a dispute.
After a trade
Once the trade is completed, you can leave appropriate feedback for your trade partner. Also, if you like trading with the user, you can add them to your trusted list.
See our tips on how to buy cryptocurrency.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article