To maintain safe conditions within the Paxful marketplace, we take action on accounts that violate any of our Terms of Service. These actions will have a status that restricts the use of Paxful.
If your account is suspended, you are restricted from using your Paxful account.
If your account is locked, you temporarily won’t be able to login to your Paxful account—this could be because you logged in from a new location, or we may have detected suspicious activity, so it’s been locked to keep you safe. For more information, take a look at this article.
If your account is frozen, you can’t buy or sell on Paxful, and you can’t withdraw any funds.
If your account has been limited, you are either permanently/temporarily restricted from trading, creating, and editing offers. Although your account is restricted, wallet services such as receiving, sending, and converting crypto will still be available.
If your account is on hold, it is restricted for a period of time for further review. After the time period expires, you can withdraw any funds in your wallet. If your account is not ID-verified, you’ll be required to verify your ID before you can withdraw any funds.
If your account is banned, you are permanently restricted from buying and selling. However, you will still be able to do a one-time withdrawal of all your funds from your Paxful account and send it to any wallet address you choose. If you’re from a country that we are currently not servicing, or if you have reached your wallet send out limit, you’ll be required to verify your ID before you can withdraw your funds.
What causes account restrictions?
Here are some of the activities that can lead to your account being restricted:
- The seller of cryptocurrency asked to cancel the trade after the payment was completed.
- Conducting a trade outside of Paxful trade escrow by communicating through Telegram, WhatsApp, etc.
- Making a chargeback or reversing the payment after it has been processed
- Coin locking or holding a seller’s cryptocurrency in escrow without the intention to make the payment and complete the trade
- Unauthorized use of gift cards, such as selling a gift card in multiple trades and selling gift cards that have already been used,
- Forcing or tricking a trade partner to immediately release their cryptocurrency.
Paxful has zero tolerance for the following:
- Using multiple Paxful accounts
- Using a fake identity or falsified verification documents
- Using Paxful from an OFAC-banned country
- Unauthorized use of gift cards, chargebacks, or defrauding users
How do I remove the restriction?
Account restrictions, such as being Banned are not reversible; therefore, the actions are final.
However, if your account is frozen, first check your email for information and then contact Support to figure out the next steps for an appeal.
If your account is locked, please take a look at this article for steps on how to unlock it.
Warning: The quickest way to appeal a restriction on your account is by using our Contact Us form and choosing the following request type: Accessing and using my account > My account is banned, frozen, suspended, or on hold.
If you need any assistance from our Support team, do not hesitate to contact us. Check out this article on .
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article